Friday, September 12, 2014

Paint, paint and more paint

You would not believe how much painting has been going on here! And I have to admit that less than half, maybe less than a quarter of what has been painted would be done at this point, if Bryan's mom hadn't come to the rescue last week and this week. She is a trooper! She also saved me as I got crazy sick for a few days and she was here to let me sleep and rest (and painted while doing that). Again. It doesn't look like a lot when you just walk in our house but we've been busy!!! All of upstairs was painted (girls room, our room, kitchen, family room and dinning room). The bay window was a pain to paint, but needed to be done so the paint is dry when we sand the floor (hopefully tomorrow).


It's impossible to see, but the framing around our bay window is the same white as the mirror above. Which I also painted :)

Now look at these baseboards and door trims...
 
Multiply that amount by about ten and that is how much is in our garage waiting to be cut and nailed. But thanks in large part to shirley, they are all painted.

Those doors in the picture above are the closet doors for the bedrooms in the basement which I painted. I also painted all the doors for upstairs which will hopefully go in soon. (There are 3).

So if you were in our house 2 weeks ago, you would walk in and see the painting done upstairs, but we have been busy with so much more painting! My right arm is sore and much stronger than it used to be. Also, on a side note, there is so much more to painting than you think. Taping and taking off (then replacing) outlet covers, drop cloths... It all takes so much time! And then you have to wait for everything to dry and do a million touch ups. Again, I am so grateful for Shirley's help! 

We also found out today that our kitchen cabinets get shipped next week! So hopefully we can pick them up by the end of the month (a couple of weeks sooner than anticipated but very welcomed). I cannot wait for my new kitchen! This is the style of doors. But they are picket fence white, and we haven't picked out hardware yet. 


We also placed a deposit for our gas fireplace which will go in our living room. But no photo of that. 

Things are coming together, but as you can tell from the "painting" pictures, we are living in an organized disaster right now. I look forward to just organized within the next couple of months.

No comments:

Post a Comment