Wednesday, November 12, 2014

I Love my Kitchen!

My absolute favorite renovation is our kitchen. It was so small and non-functional (why would you not have two corner cabinets in such a small kitchen?? We had one corner cabinet and a shallow spice rack. See? Non-functional) As well as being worn out and just not our style. 
We saved money by ordering the cabinets in the states as well as keeping the old appliances, other than a new dishwasher. I don't really mind the white. We also did the demo and installation of the cabinets and tile ourselves. The only contractor who came for upstairs was for the counter tops. 
I love this space! I love having so much added cabinet and counter space. I am in love with our amazing sink and faucet. It turned out so great (thanks Bryan and dad).  I also really like having the decorative end panels. 
Because we took part of a wall out the space has really opened up. It makes the kitchen so much bigger, not just in feeling but in actual size. The wall we took out now has cabinets and counters. So we went from a very small "U" shaped kitchen to an actual full room kitchen. I could go on all day. I just love it. So here we go...

What we had to work with...

Not nice right? We completely gutted this kitchen 
Here are some pictures of the "during" phase of renovation...

And the finished (gorgeous) kitchen! 

In summary, this is what happened...
We still have a few things to tidy up. I will be posting before and after photos for the rest of the upper level soon.

















1 comment: