My favorite things that we have done in this kitchen are; moving the dishwasher so we could have 2 corner cabinets. The previous kitchen had an entire wasted corner! It was so frustrating when it came to storage...
I also LOVE having this wall gone! There was a funny little cabinet on this wall before, that made no sense. Now it is very functional. The lower cabinets will of course be covered with Quartz, and there will be a small peninsula under the over head cabinets on this wall. Plus, it adds sooo much storage!...
Lastly, I also really like our "organizer" at the end of the cupboard. Measurement wise it worked out perfectly to put it there. Functionally it is awesome too.
We chose the Quartz with some color in it. We were stuck between these 2 and finally decided this would tie in the wood and tile floor nicely. Hardest decision I've had to make so far I think.
Bryan has also been putting in sub floor today where some was missing or cut out, in order to get ready to lay tile.
We will order our tile this week. Next Friday our fireplace comes. Hopefully my dad can come help us with plumbing for our new dishwasher some day soon too.
I am so excited to have this adventure over within the next month! But to be honest, we'll probably redo the upstairs bathroom sometime soon too. But this will be on our own dime, and not through the mortgage.







No comments:
Post a Comment